Five for Friday: October 30

Hi!

I'm here to link up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching and share 5 random things from this week!




At the beginning of the week we had the students guess what we (the teachers) were going to be for Halloween.  I got this idea from Molly's Instagram (@misskslittlerays).

The kids had a blast!! And we had some good laughs as well with some of their answers :P

This is the adorable cover made by one of my little artists.  He thought that we might be Spongebob and Patrick!


Here are some more samples! This little girl thought I might be a witch and the boy thought my ECE might be a tiger!



The book has been added to our bookshelf and it has been a hit the last couple of days!

You can download the writing sheet (editable so you can type in your own name!) and class book cover template by clicking here on the image below!



For one of our activities for today I prepared this "How Many Pumpkins Tall Are You?" chart on the wall and the students took turns measuring themselves.  It tied in perfectly with our math since we are focusing on measurement right now!


The kids measured themselves against the chart and then wrote sentences that said "I am ___ pumpkins tall."  My ECE worked with them on this and she said they did a really good job :D




I whipped up this quick booklet to include for our math centres today! It incorporates both literacy (emergent reader) and numeracy (stamp and count how many spiders you made and write the number).



I had the kids use their thumbs and an ink pad to make the spiders.  It was easy to differentiate as my lower kids could work on numbers 1-5 while my higher kids could work on numbers 10+! This book is also included in my Kindergarten Halloween Activities pack on TPT.  Click here if you are interested in downloading it!



My EA introduced this fun activity to me when I mentioned a lot of my kids need fine motor practice.  It's a tennis ball with a slit cut in it (I used an exacto knife) and they have to pinch the ball to make the mouth open.  For this bin I  asked them to say the letter as they fed the tennis ball monster! 

We also had it out as a math activity where they rolled a dice and had the tennis ball monster eat that many plastic spiders.  The spiders were a huge hit!


Last week I hit 2000 followers on Instagram.
Yesterday I launched my giveaway!
You can win so many goodies!

Click on the image below to enter!


That's it from me!

How was your week?


8 comments

  1. Oh my goodness this is full of such wonderfulness! I love it all especially the spider books and tennis ball activity! I also love your blog design!
    Jenn
    Reading in Room 11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thanks for visiting! And I'm so glad you like the activities I shared! And thank you for saying you love my blog design :) I made it myself so that makes me so happy!

      Delete
  2. Love how easy the thumbprint spiders are - adorable! I enjoyed following your link up on TBA here.
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! The kids had a blast with the thumb print spiders... I think they didn't believe me at first when I said they could use their thumbs on the ink pad... lol! Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  3. Soooooo many cute ideas!! I am definitely going to have to remember that "What will the teacher?" be book for next year! Thanks so much for the freebie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cole! I hope you try the Halloween writing activity next year! It turns out so cute (and funny!) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Yes the kids really like them! They do prefer the spiders over the letters though lol Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment!

      Delete