Five for Friday: November 27

Hi friends!

I'm popping in to link up with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching to share five things from this week!




We started to revamp our writing system this week as a division.  I will post more about it when it is up and running but one change I made is going from paper in duotangs to these folders.  

I colour coded them so that it is easier for the kids to find their folder when they are ready to write.  Red is for JK boys, yellow is for JK girls, green is for SK boys and blue is for JK girls.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these work out!



My kids love egg carton games but regular egg cartons don't last too long in a kindergarten classroom... so I was so pumped when I found these plastic egg cartons at Dollarama!

I made up some carton labels and recording sheets to go with them.  You could use them on regular egg cartons too.

Click here or on the image above to download them for free!



We had our last birthday of the year today! We keep birthdays really simple.  At our first morning circle the birthday boy or girl comes up and sits on the teacher chair.  I grab them a crown, write their name on it and staple it to fit their heads.  They also get to pick a birthday pencil.  They put their birthday crown on and we sing them happy birthday.

At the end of the song we chant "Are you 1? Are you 2?" etc. and they have to stay STOP! when they hear their new age.  Then they put their pencil in their backpack and they get a bag of stickers.

They get to put the same number of stickers as their age in the box below.


They get to wear the crown through out the day :)

If you would like to download the template for the crown and the birthday pencil for just $1 you can check it out on TPT by clicking here or on the image below!




We have been knee deep in 3D figure for math and the kids have been really enjoying it! I did the 3D figure museum again this year and the kids brought in so many neat examples! So many students made 3D figures with their parents this year too which was great!

If you want to learn more about how I implement the 3D figure museum you can read more about it by clicking here.




Since I got through my 3D figure diagnostics this week I will be meeting with small groups who need more practice with identifying 3D figures next week.  One resource I prepped and will be using is this 3D figure board game!  Students will roll the dice, move that many spaces and identify the 3D figure they land on.  The first one to the finish line is the winner!

I recently added this to my 3D figure unit on TPT.  You can click here or on the image below to redownload it if you already own it or to check it out!


That's it from me! How was your week? 
I hope you have a great weekend!


No comments