Valentine's Day Activities for Kindergarten

Hi guys!

I'm a little late but I'm here to share some of the Valentine's Day themed activities we did in our class this year!




1. I Love Booklets


The kids loved making these booklets!
First we brainstormed things that the kids love whole group on chart paper.

Then the kids practiced writing their own "I love" sentences in their booklets.

Here is a picture from my sample:


2. Valentine Number Words

This was a quick no-prep activity that helped my kids practice number words!
They counted the picture(s), traced the number word and then wrote the number word.


3. Card Making

The card making centre was super popular during Valentine week!
I set out red, pink and purple paper, valentine stamps, heart stickers and some print outs of valentine themed clip art for the kids to cut out and colour.

This is the card I made when I introduced the centre to them and did an example:


I also set out these card templates you see below so that the kids could copy a message for their card.  This helped the kids be more independent at this centre.


"I Love" writing booklet template, the number word printables, the card templates and more in my Kindergarten Valentines Activities pack on TPT!

Click here or on the image below to download it!


3. My Book of Valentine's day Words


This was a great independent activity for my kids!

First they coloured the word, next they traced it, then they printed it and finally they coloured the corresponding picture.




You can grab "My Book of Valentine's Day Words" in my TPT store here or by clicking on the image below:


4. Love, Splat Craft

We read my favourite Valentine's Day book "Love, Splat" by Rob Scotton.
We made a text-to-self connection by writing about who we liked more than fish sticks and ice-cream ;)

We also made these Splat crafts to top our Valentine's Day bags.


5. Melted Crayon Valentine's Day Cards

I have a TON of crayons I inherited from a teacher and I wanted to make cute but CHEAP Valentine's Day gifts for my kids this year so I decided to make these heart shaped melted crayons and attach them to Valentine's Day cards!

I followed the direction from Our Best Bites and attached the finished crayons with tape to these Valentine's Day Cards:


If you like these you can download them for free by clicking on the picture below!


I hope you are able to use some of these ideas in your classroom!

What are your favourite Valentine's Day activities?

No comments