Fishing Fun! Alphabet & Ten-Frame Matching

Hi guys!

I wanted to share a centre that has been super popular in my class lately!
They are constantly asking me if it's open.
It is the fishing centre!


I filled our sensory table with paper from the paper shredder.
Then I printed the fish on coloured cardstock, laminated them and cut them out.
I put paper clip on the mouth and tossed them in to the bin.

The students are asked to catch a fish with the fishing rod
(dowels with twine and magnets hot glued onto the ends)
and match it to the correct labelled plate.


For math we have been working on counting on ten frames and matching it to the correct numeral.



For literacy we are working on matching uppercase letters to lowercase letters.
This is pretty easy for them so I'm going to switch this out to matching pictures to initial sounds soon!


I made a pack with the uppercase fish and initial sound pictures available in my TpT store!


and if you want to try the centre out you can download the ten-frame matching game for free in my TpT store too!


I hope you can use it and that your students love this game as much as mine do!

No comments